Engineering Drawing is a document that constrain a precise Description of part. The description consists of pictures,words,numbers and symbols Together. These document communicate part in information to all Drawings.
Engineering drawing information includes.
- Geometry [shape,size and form of a part.
- Critical functional relationship.
- Tolerances allowed for proper function.
- Material heat treat surfaces coatings.
- Part documentation information such as identification number,revision level name,date,etc….
Necessity of 2d drawings as regards 3d model
- Dimensional specification including Tolerance Specification & Geometric tolerancing.
- Material specifications and Surface Treatments.
- Tests methods Specification.
For more: The concepts involved in manufacturing drawing.