Linear measurement is the measurement of Diameters,Lengths,Thickness,Heights and also which are includes internal measurements and external measurements.
The Linear measurements are classified into Two types they are.
- Precision Instruments
- Non – Precision instrument
Linear measurements of Precision Instruments
The precision instruments are following to possess high degree of accuracy in measuring the dimensions. The instruments used for measuring the angles and Types of Plain Limit gauges.
- Vernier Calipers
- Slip Gauges
- Vernier Height gauge and Depth Gauge
- Vernier Micrometer
- Depth micrometer
- Inside Micrometer and Outside micrometers
- Telescopic Gauge
- Differential screw micrometers
- screw thread micrometers
- Sheet metal micrometer
- Spline micrometer
- Tube micrometer
- Disc Type Micrometer
- V- anvil micrometer
Linear measurements of Non – Precision instrument
The Non precision measuring instruments are.
- Transfer Calipers
- Outside and Inside Calipers
- Spring Calipers
- Odd leg Calipers
b. Steel Rule
Most useful Links
- What are the Drawing instruments and How to use them.
- What is the Dimensional Analysis.
- How to Understand the System of Units.
- Types of Measuring Instruments used in Production.
- Types of lines and How to Understand the lines in Engineering Drawing
- How to Calculate the Hole Tolerance and Shaft Tolerance with following the three pairs.
- How to Understanding the Controllable Errors.
- Types of Dimensioning Methods and How to Understand Them.
- What is The System of Fits and Basis System.
- How to understand Tolerance and Limits in Manufacturing Process.
- Types of Comparators and Uses.
- What is specific gravity and compressible, incompressible fluid.
- The difference between the gases and solids,liquids.
- What are the Properties of Fluid and units.
- What are the components are mounted on the chassis frame and how it works.
- What is the Basic size and Deviations of shaft.
- What is the difference between the Tolerance and Allowance.
- What is the Fit and what are the Different types of Fits.
- WHAT IS THE USE OF ENGINEERING DRAWING.
- WHAT ARE THE GUIDELINES FOR CHOOSING THE SHEET SIZE.