Follow and Like us:
Drilling’s is a process of producing round holes in a solid material or enlarging existing holes with the use of multi tooth cutting tools called drilling.
- counter boring
- Spot facing
- Center drilling
- BENCH DRILLING: Drilling diameter up to 8 mm
- PILLAR DRILLING: Higher capacity up to 20 mm
- RADIAL DRILLING :Higher capacity up to 50 mm(drilling spindle bought to position of work piece)
- GANG DRILLING:Group of bench drilling machine.
MULTI SPINDLE DRILLING
- Two are more spindles are operated by common drive by means of universal joints and telescopic spindle shaft’s.
- Some machines the spindle moves down wards while other table moves upwards.
- Usually spindles are arranged in pattern of multiple drilling done on one or more work piece.
- Advantage for large volume of production.
- Good positional accuracy of parts ensured.
- Used for making center holes in component
- use for centering the ends of the work.
- Used for positioning the location of hole before drilling further.
- single ended / Double ended.
- THE TYPE A: For ordinary type of work.
- TYPE B:Parts to be machined are to pass through a number of subsequent hand lings.
- TYPE R :Avoid errors of misalignment between center.