Face milling process is used in the removal of extra material to get the final product or component.
Here by applying the operations over a raw material by using CAM.
CAM is process which creates a G-CODES and M-CODES for a different kind of CNC machines.
Simply we can call it as code generating process for a product.
PROCESS INVOLVED IN CREATION OF FACE MILLING OPERATION
- Create a required model using sketch tools and model tools.
- Let me take a model as RECTANGLE with dimensions 50 mm x 25 mm.
- Over this rectangle create one more rectangle with dimensions greater then First rectangle.
- Now first rectangle act as a part and secondary rectangle act as work piece.
SELECTION OF MACHINE
- GO – START – MANUFACTURING.
- Select the Cam general, Planar mill.
- Right click on name and select the Geometric view.
- Double Click on MOS and specify MCS.
- While specifying the Z should be top side.
- Double click on work piece and specify blank.
- Now hide the blank make a right click on blank and select hide.
- Now Double click on work piece and specify Part.
- create operation select the face mill tool and keep Geometry as Work piece.
- Now we are going to see FACE MILLING TOOL BAR and specify face boundary.
- select the TOOL(mill).
- Keep Diameter up to required and FLUTE LENGTH(material removal part length).
- Tool axis :It should be (ZM AXIS).
- CUT PATTERN:It may maintain as (ZIG -ZAG) OR (ZIG).
- Now click on GENERATE and select verify press on 3D click on PLAY.
- Save the required data and do it for all sides with same procedure.
Below video shows the explanation of face milling: